Amazing Chocolate Melting Cake - Gluten Free


If you love Chocolate than this dessert is for you!!!  It is the easiest and most amazing cake I have ever made, (and I have made it many times). It my my husband and my absolute favorite favorite favorite dessert (did I say favorite?).. Yum!!!  You don't even need a beater or mixer on this one.  It is flour-less, which also means it's gluten free... and it is oh so so decadent, amazing, awesome, to die for (okay, so you get the point).

As I said, this recipe is easy!  It is quick, requires only six basic ingredients and it can be made in a short amount of time (less than 10 minutes from scratch to the oven)... and it takes only 30 minutes in the oven.  Yet people will think you are a gourmet chef with this totally easy peasy dessert :)

A few years ago on a cruise, one night with tried their Chocolate Melting Cake  with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  I was in heaven, well as close as I could get to heaven on earth.  I loved it!  Needless to say I ordered it the next night too :)  Of course the cruise line was not going to give me their recipe, but I knew that it was a flourless cake.  Shortly after we got home I searched the internet for flourless cake recipes.  I stumbled upon a receipe that I tried and then tried again tweaking it slightly so it turned out amazingly meltey and oooooie gooey in the middle.  It is a huge hit with everyone I have ever served it to. I highly highly recommend it!!!

I like to try to make my recipes as organic as possible so I use organic butter, organic sugar and farm fresh organic eggs (however you can use white sugar and whatever butter and eggs you like).






Recipe -

Ingredients:

1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar 
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
  2. In the top of a double boiler over simmering water (NOTE: I use two sauce pans, see below) Melt butter and chocolate chips.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla.
  4. Pour even amounts into 4 oven safe dishes (fill about 1/2 full - dessert will rise)
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes
  6. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes before serving
end recipe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to serve this dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  However, this chocolate dessert is also very good on it's own!


Step by step photos (with helpful tips) -

Make your own double boiler by using two sauce pans.  Place the small pan inside of the larger one as shown.  Put one or two inches of water in the lower pan. Turn burner on medium low.  The double boiler method keeps the butter and chocolate chips from burning. 

Melt butter and chocolate chips...

Remove from stove-top...

Pour in sugar, give a quick stir (will melt into hot butter mix)..

 Add cocoa powder and stir


Add eggs and vanilla then stir well (takes about one minute)... I  own a beater and a stand mixer... However, this stirs so quickly that I just use a wooden spoon to mix.


 The mixture will look like this...


Pour equal amounts into four dishes. Only fill dishes about half way because dessert will rise. I use CorningWare 7 oz. stoneware crocks  (ramekins) that I purchased at Walmart.  They can also be purchased through Amazon (Free shipping with $25 purchase) at this link: CorningWare French White 7-Ounce Ramekins


  I like the crocks (ramekins) because they are ready to serve, just add ice cream or whip cream to the top (depending on your preference)... With these, there is no greasing necessary, (Which I LOVE).  

Note:  If you prefer, you can use an 8 inch round cake pan, just be sure to grease and dust your pan with cocoa powder first.




Place crocks on a cookie sheet and put them into your 300 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes.  

Note:  If you prefer your cake be more traditional and not be gooey inside, just increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees and still bake for 30 minutes.

When you first remove them from the oven they will be puffy on top (sorta like muffins)...



As they cool they will collapse a bit, which makes them perfect for putting a scoop of ice cream on top! You can serve them about 20 minutes after they come out of the oven.  Warm, but not hot...  

Optional, after they cool, cover them with foil and serve them at your convenience.  I like serving them warm, so I heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds on high before serving. (Adjust micro time depending how powerful your  microwave is).  

This dessert is just as amazing on day two and day three as it is on day one.  However, I admit that, in our house they don't last past day two!!!  I swear I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner... (hehe).


I like to serve with Breyers Smooth & Dreamy 1/2 fat Ice Cream because it is natural... and I feel a little less guilty :)  But, whatever ice cream you like is fine!



Yummy... this amazing Chocolate melting cake makes a great treat for Valentine's Day and for any day!


All you need is a spoon :)  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Any cake that is flourless and gluten free sounds fantastic. I was told I need to go on a gluten free diet. I might need a real diet after this :)

    Thanks Diana!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana